Ventricular septal defect (VSD) has been reported as a rare complication after transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), presenting with signs of heart failure. Furthermore, left ventricular outflow tract obstruction (LVOTO) may worsen after TAVI, especially in cases of severe left ventricular hypertrophy and small cavity. However, the simultaneous appearance of VSD and LVOT after TAVI has not been reported before. We report a case of combined VSD and LVOTO after TAVI.
- Intracardiac shunt after transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- Ventricular septal defect
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine