IN recent years raw fish has come to be seen as a delicacy in the United States. It is now served in numerous restaurants across the country. This has served to increase the risk of a variety of diseases associated with its ingestion. We describe an unusual infection of a college student with a species of eustrongylides, a nematode parasite of fish-eating birds, that was most likely acquired by eating raw fish, an ingredient of sushi and sashimi. Case Report A 24-year-old man was admitted to Booth Memorial Hospital in New York City, with a 10-hour history of pain in.
ASJC Scopus subject areas